One-Off orders and Variant Covers are now placed via Pullbox.
We use Previews World's Pullbox to manage requests for specific covers or pre orders for single comics (non subscription preorders). You can use Pullbox to set up ongoing subscriptions if you like - but we are equally happy to receive subscription requests via email/message - it's the one-off and variant cover requests that must be placed via Pullbox. Pullbox is a web based application that can be used in conjuction with the Previews World listings and connected pages like MK1's Cover Gallery page https://mk1.co.
Once set up you can request covers by finding them on PreviewsWorld and selecting ORDER (or subscribe). Once your account is connected we will receive your requests and be able to confirm and reorder items from there. When your pre-orders arrive Pullbox will automatically mark them as yours via a weekly automatically generated pull list. Previews World will also notify you as the comics are received at MK1. Please note all previous orders remain in our system but new variant cover requests will be made via Pullbox. We will double check as requests are received to make sure that we don't have the item on order for you already.
A special note about DC COMICS: All DC Comics titles are supposed to be listed on Previews World but we have not found this to be accurate. While we wait for DC to be more reliably listed we will publish the full list of each week's DC titles to Mk1's weekly Final Order Cut Off Post. To place an order for variants or single issues contact us directly (like you would for Subsciption requests) or use the comment feature on the Mk1 website - we won't publish your comment but we will email confirmation and manually add it to your Pullbox orders from our end.
If you don't want to use Pullbox you can order available comics from the MK1 webstore once in store, but if you want to preorder specific issues or variant covers then Pullbox is how that is handled. Let us know if you want that Pullbox invite sent?
All signed up with Pullbox? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Currency is in USD$ - MK1 Comic price conversion chart can be found below and on our cover gallery page https://mk1.co.nz/pages/
cover-galleryDate is US format - month/date/year - as long as preorders are placed before final order cut off than your order will arrive at MK1 one day after the published US new release date.
- Pullbox gives you an option to order a single item, subscribe to a series or put on a watchlist. You can order from the Previews catalogue https://www.previewsworld.com/catalog , the week's Final Order Cut off selection https://www.previewsworld.com/catalog or older items by using the search bar at the PreviewsWorld site https://www.previewsworld.com/Search .
- MK1 will receive any orders and subscription requests in a summary at the end of the day. If it is a regular request for an item we regard as "normal MK1 fare" we will convert the request into an order straight away. If the item is outside of the MK1 normal as it were - price wise or product type - we will reply within the system with a price quote. Once you have accepted the quote - we can convert it to an order. We can fill requests from our existing stock or I can create a reorder direct from Diamond comics on the Pullbox site - you will be notified from Pullbox when the item is received at MK1.
- We haven't found an easy way to load up your past preorders and subs with MK1 into the system. We are maintaining our existing preorder and subs system alongside Pull Box but we will double check orders as they come in to make sure we don't duplicate a request. If you do want extra copies of a title please let us know.
- We are still learning how the system works so let us know if you have a question or suggestion - we will learn together!
We will collate answers & info about the Pullbox service here :
- The Final Order Cut off listings each week filter out the incentive covers (occasionally one slips through accidentally) - if you go off that list only that will limit the disappointment of spotting a cover we can't provide! Reminder MK1 does not take preorders for incentive covers.
- We suggest visiting the Final Order Cut Off page on Previews World each week on Wednesday or Thursday so you can select covers before order deadlines close off. Orders should be placed at least 12 hours before the Monday cut off deadline each week as we only receive notifications from Previews in a daily summary email covering all orders placed by all customers in the 24 hours previous. If Final Order Cut Off orders are placed on the Monday we won't be aware of them till after the cut off deadline has been. https://www.previewsworld.com/
- We suggest using the Final Order Cut Off page as this page should only show available to order covers - occasionally incentive covers show accidentally - we will advise if this is the case.. reminder MK1 does not take preorders for incentive covers. https://www.previewsworld.com/
A typicle Pullbox product listing looks like this: You can see the Title, Publisher, Cover Image, Diamond Code, Creator Credits, Release Date and US$ Price.
- Push the ORDER button to place this specific issue on order.
- Push the SUBSCRIBE button to order every new issue of this series..
- Pushing the VIEW ALL ITEMS BUTTON takes you through to the below screen.
On this screen you can SUBSCRIBE TO SERIES, change to the GALLERY VIEW, toggle the HIDE or SHOW variants button. In general Previews World only shows available to order variants and filters out the incentive covers that we don't take preorders for - MK1 will confirm or advise if a cover is unavailable when you preorder it. The next sections show upcoming issues and past issues. A subscription will start from the next issue in the current Previews magazine - you can request past issues via the Series page as well - we will confirm availability.
Choosing a specific cover for a comic series that you are subscribed to:
Pullbox will keep you updated of product arrivals - all we need to do next is set up the conditions that set a delivery in motion. (Pick up in store is left up to you to visit and collect but we may get in touch if we haven't heard from you for a while - please respond to these polite reminders - we won't continue to put aside new items or keep your orders if we don't hear back).We will contact you to arrange payment for items that have arrived. This can be whenever a preorder arrives at MK1, on a set day or dates each month or whenever we accumulate a set number of comics. We will set this information up once we have you in the system. We invite anybody who has a subscription with MK1 to make use of the cheaper MK1 COMIC CLUB $5 delivery option. These notifications are usually done in the weekend following New Comic Day each week - please allow this time for us to get in touch - we are particularly busy on New Comic Days, Fridays and Saturdays each week.